If you need to undergo a rhinoplasty or nose job surgery, it’s important that you find the right, qualified surgeon to perform your surgery. It is, therefore, worth spending some time and effort finding the best specialist in town.
Rhinoplasty Surgeons In Sydney
Looking at online listings, you will find numerous surgeons in Sydney offering rhinoplasty services. However don’t book the first surgeon you come across. You need to use these tips to find a trustworthy and highly qualified surgeon to perform the perfect nose job for you.
- First and foremost, remember that only a few surgeons are truly honest and clear about their specialty. As nose job surgery is a delicate procedure which has to be performed by a surgeon who has undergone extensive training, a regular surgeon will not be sufficiently skilled to perform the operation. So make sure that find out all you can about your surgeon’s qualifications and experience.
- While checking your surgeon’s credentials, check and find out if he is certified in either otoralygology or plastic surgery. Your surgeon should have a thorough understanding of everything related to the surgical procedure.
- If you find that your chosen surgeon performs ENT surgeries, you still need to check if he performs rhinoplasty surgery on a routine basis. This is important as this surgery requires specific skills over and above the general ENT surgeon requirements.
- The ideal surgeon is one who has performed a large number of nose job surgeries each year, preferably over a hundred. Moreover, the surgeon you choose should have been performing rhinoplasty procedures for at least 5 years.
- The surgeon should also be experienced in the most advanced rhinoplasty techniques, such as open rhinoplasty. Remember that the cost of these more advanced surgical procedures will be higher, so the surgeon you choose should be highly qualified and proficient in the surgery you require.
- Take a look at the surgeon’s collection of photos of past patients. Surgeons usually maintain both “before and after” photos of all their patients in a file, or upload them to their website, for prospective patients to take a look. You can get an idea of the potential results after the surgery by looking at the photos, and decide if the surgeon is professional and tidy enough to perform your surgery for you.
- If required, you can ask your rhinoplasty surgeon to give you a simulated photo of the results of your procedure. He does this by taking your photograph, analysing it and then giving you a graphical representation of the forecasted results. Many surgeons today use specially created software to give you a simulated result.
- Qualified surgeons are those who take time to perform their procedure. While they should complete lots of cases a year, they should not accommodate too many people in a single day. They will not be able to do their best surgery if they have too many cases and patients to handle on any chosen day.
- The chosen surgeon should tell you about rhinoplasty risks and complications. Your doctor should be honest about the procedure and clearly describe all the risks you face. You will then be able to make an informed decision about whether to undergo the procedure or not.
- Don’t forget to compare cosmetic nose surgery prices. While you may want to hire a surgeon who offers affordable services, do remember to keep their experience in mind as the most experienced surgeons will normally charge more. It’s worth paying a bit more for an experienced surgeon who gives better results than a cheaper and inexperienced surgeon. You only have one nose!
Book An Appointment
Once you have narrowed down your options, you need to have consultations with your surgeon to discuss and clear any doubts and queries you may have about the surgery. Just trust your instincts while looking for the right and qualified rhinoplasty surgeon in Sydney.
If you think the surgeon is qualified and experienced enough for the job, make sure that you maintain good communication with him or her, as this helps build trust and goodwill in the relationship between surgeon and patient.
This article can also be read at: Rhinoplasty Surgeon Finder.